Sacred Rome Pilgrimage
After 30 years of hosting pilgrims to the Eternal City Harvest has prepared this most beautiful programme to gently rekindle the heart of our faith.
Highlights: Stay in close proximity to St Peter’s Basilica • Full Pilgrimage Sights • Gently Paced Programme • Mary Mackillop Discovery Tour • Scavi Excavations under St Peter’s • Papal Audience • Breakfast and 3 Dinners • Explore the Four Major Basilicas • Daily Private Masses including St Peter’s & much more
MEAL CODE: B: Breakfast L: Lunch D: Dinner
DAY 1 : Depart for Italy
DAY 2: Benvenuto a Roma!
• Airport transfer to our accommodation
• Remainder of afternoon free to rest or wander from our accommodation.
• Welcome Dinner
DAY 3: Everything St Peter's!
• Private Mass in the crypt of St Peter’s Basilica
• Guided tour of the Vatican Museums
• Marvel at the Sistine Chapel
• Guided exploration tour of St Peter’s Basilica
• Remainder of the afternoon at leisure
• Dinner at L’Eau Vive Restaurant – Meaning Living Water (from the Biblical scene of Jacobs Well). This fabulous French Restaurant is run by Carmelite Missionary Nuns who will actually sing the Ave Maria to us between courses!
PROPOSED PRIVATE MASS: ST PETER’S BASILICA CRYPT (After breakfast)
DAY 4: Papal Event and Basilicas
• Papal Event: Attend the Wednesday General Audience with the Holy Father OR pray the Angelus at Midday in St Peter’s (Sunday) (both subject to the Pope’s presence in Rome)
• Basilica of St Mary Major
• Basilica of Santa Croce in Jerusalem
• Holy Stairs
• Basilica of St John in Lateran
PROPOSED PRIVATE MASS: ST MARY MAJOR BASILICA
DAY 5: Christian Martyrs Exploration
• Guided tour of the Colosseum
• Basilica of St Paul Outside the Walls
• Catacombs of St Callixtus
• Dinner at a Restaurant in Trastevere run by volunteers of the Sant’Egidio Community
PROPOSED PRIVATE MASS: ST PAUL’S BASILICA (On tour)
DAY 6: Free Day
Day at leisure
PROPOSED PRIVATE MASS: ACCOMMODATION CHAPEL
DAY 7: Choice of Specialist Tour Option
Optional free day at leisure OR …
Retrace the footsteps of St Benedict on this private day trip from Rome into the Italian countryside. Visit the Monastery of St Benedict, nestled in the mountains, followed by the Abbey of Montecassino, to learn more about the Italian saint.
(N.B. Tour cost dependant on group size)
PROPOSED PRIVATE MASS: TOUR DEPENDANT
DAY 8: Christian Rome - Behind the Scenes
• Vatican Gardens tour by licensed coach
• Exclusive Scavi excavations tour underneath St Peter’s Basilica
• Roman Forum exploration
• Visit Church & Underground of San Clemente
PROPOSED PRIVATE MASS: SAN CLEMENTE
DAY 9: Depart Rome
DAY 11: Arrive Australia
2017 DATES AND PRICES
Single Room Supplement: $420
NB: An additional mandatory prepaid tipping fund of $15 per day per person will be invoiced in advance by Harvest to avoid regular inconvenience to pilgrims on tour.
Full package based on departure from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth including all airline taxes and levies (subject to change). Tour Only costs include local internal airfares between Start/End dates. Refer to our full price inclusions and Booking Procedures for more information.